Summer Reading 2017
The library’s popular Summer Reading Program for all ages will begin on May 24 and continue through July 29. Last year more than 2,000 local readers participated.
Children earn prizes by reading each day, while teens receive rewards for reading books and attending programs. Adults earn entry forms by reading and reviewing eligible titles. Registration, in person or online, begins May 24.
Research shows that students experience learning and reading loss when they are not taking part in active education. The library’s Summer Reading Program helps children and teens retain and enhance their reading skills over the summer while also nurturing a community of engaged readers.
In addition to a summer full of great reading, there are many FREE programs for all ages, from toddlers to adults. Please call or visit the library website for registration and ticketing details.
- Rock-a-bye Tales (6 to 23 months): Tuesdays, June 6 to July 18, 9:30 a.m.
- Tales Alive for 2s to 5s: Mondays, June 5 to July 17, 10:15 or 11 a.m.; Tuesdays, June 6 to July 18, 10:15 a.m.
- Outback Ray’s Exotic Animals: Saturday, June 3, 12 p.m. OR 2 p.m.
- The Bubble Lady: Saturday, June 17, 12 p.m. OR 2 p.m.
- Cartoonist Jeff Nicholas: Monday, July 10, 2 p.m.
- Juggling with Matt Jergens: Friday, July 14, 11 a.m.
- Byte-sized Coding for Kids: Mondays, June 5 to July 17, 6:30 p.m. – An introduction to beginner level coding for children in grades 4 to 7.
- LEGO Club: Tuesdays, June 6 to July 18, 6:30 p.m.
- Make It Fun: Wednesday OR Thursday, June 7 to July 20, 11 a.m.
- Weekly Teen Program, Tuesdays, June 6 to July 18, 3 p.m.
- Author Regina Brett: Wednesday, June 7, 7 p.m.
Call 330-928-2117 for more information.