PDF DOWNLOAD: CFL job application
or by mail:
Human Resources | Cuyahoga Falls Library | 2015 Third Street | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
CUYAHOGA FALLS LIBRARY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CURRENT OPENINGS: Adult Services Manager | Facilities Assistant
Do you have management experience in a Library? Do you have an ALA Accredited Masters of Library and Information Services degree? If you want to work with an All-Star team now is your chance to apply for a position at the Cuyahoga Falls Library.
The position is Adult Services Manager and will be responsible for planning and managing all activities and personnel of the Adult Services department relating to technology, programming, collection management, and resources and services for adults. Execute assigned special administrative projects within the library. Under the general supervision of the Library Director, manages the day-to-day operation of the Adult Services department. Provides direct library services to customers such as information delivery and reader’s advisory/reviews/services and technology-related guidance for all age groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Proven leadership qualities that foster teamwork, effective communication and high morale
- Recognizes the benefits of change and understand the principles, processes and responsibilities for managing organizational change
- Plans, manages and evaluates the activities of the Adult Services Department; coordinates services with other library activities and departments.
- Plans, designs, promotes, presents and evaluates library programs for adults or families.
- Analyzes community information needs, identifies trends in information delivery and designs programs and services to provide optimum service
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of library services and programs; makes adjustments as necessary to assure the delivery of the highest quality service.
- Assists the Director in developing maintaining a long range plan for services and resources that meet the changing needs of the community
- Conducts staff meetings to transmit information about policies and procedures, solves departmental problems and solicits staff input. Keeps supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns.
- Participates in budgetary planning; monitors budget
- Conducts special studies, surveys and prepares reports
- In the absence of administration assumes person-in-charge responsibilities in matters pertaining to security and customer service
- Interview, select, train, supervise and schedule supervisory staff in Adult Services
- Develops procedures for tasks and reviews work assignments.
- Monitors and coaches employee performance; conducts performance appraisals; recommends personnel actions
- Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activities.
- Incorporates innovative ideas and problem-solving skills to build partnerships, reduce barriers and provide outstanding programs, services, and resources for library customers.
- Identify and collaborate on grants and other funding opportunities to support programs and services
- Communicates library policies and procedures and pertinent statistics to staff; implements and assures compliance
- Compile, maintain, and distribute promotional and tutorial materials for the library’s digital resources collection
- Show enthusiasm and commitment to excellent customer service, genuine public service orientation and the ability to work with all age groups
- Track and administers the department budget
- Develop staff through mentoring, coaching and training
- May complete other duties as assigned
- ALA Accredited Masters of Library and Information Science required.
- Three years of supervisory experience in a public library
- Knowledge of Library policies and procedures and Library laws
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving history, and personal automobile for job-related transportation
- Satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing
- Prefer experience working in a union environment.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them via mail to Cuyahoga Falls Library, Attention HR Manager, 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221.
Classification: Facilities Assistant, part-time position
Work: Monday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 am- 12:00 pm and occasional Saturday and/or Sunday
Wages: $12.67 per hour minimum, limited benefits
Supervisor: Library Director
Do you want a position that is meaningful to our community? Do you like to do different tasks to upkeep a building and the grounds? If you answer yes to these questions then the Cuyahoga Falls Library has a position for you as a part-time Facilities Assistant. The position involves cleaning and inspecting the building, grounds, equipment and furniture. The work requires a high level of physical activity, indoor and out, the operation of power and hand tools, and other work as assigned. The schedule will vary.
- High School degree or equivalent experience and training
- Possession of a valid Ohio driver’s license
- Ability to perform variety of maintenance, landscaping, and cleaning tasks
- Perform basic carpentry, plumbing, painting and related work
- Operate a variety of power tools and other light machinery
- Ability to perform physical work, heavy lifting (e.g. snow removal, move furniture, room set-ups and arrangements, etc.)
- Work flexible schedule, which may include mornings, weekends, or evenings
- Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, and patrons
- Assist in building security and safety programs and activities
- Communicate well, understand and follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and compute percentages
- Dependable, conscientious, self-motivated
- Perform other duties as assigned