FAQ’s: The library is closed – what does that mean to you?
Q. Is the library closed?
A. Yes, the Cuyahoga Falls Library plans to remain closed through at least May 31 and all in-house library programming is canceled through June 30.
Q. Can I return library books?
A. No, the book drop is currently closed, but we will be sure to communicate on our website, email and facebook when it reopens.
Q. Will I be fined for library materials I have at home?
A. No fines will accumulate while the library is closed. You will have plenty of time to make your returns when the library reopens before fines start to accumulate.
Q. What are you doing to protect patrons and staff?
A.While the building is closed, teams of library staff are working on safety procedures and protocols to reopen in phases that include drive-thru window and curbside service. To enhance the safety of staff and customers, we are rearranging and sanitizing the interior of the entire building.
Q. What will it look like when the library reopens?
A. The library plans to reopen in phases following COVID-19 recommendations from the CDC, Governor DeWine’s Responsible Restart Ohio, government officials, and local authorities. These guidelines will continue to guide decisions over the coming weeks and months.
Q. What else should I know?
- If you have placed items on hold, we will do our best to have them ready when we reopen. SearchOhio holds and holds on available items have been suspended.
- Holds that are ready to pick up will be held for a week after we re-open.
- Free Wi-Fi is available to use in the parking lot from your car.
- Free eBooks, magazines, and movie streaming are available on our digital resources page. Don’t have a card? Get an eCard.
- Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updated resources & information delivered straight to your inbox.
- Talk to a Librarian! We’re still answering questions. Just call 330-928-2117, leave a message, and we’ll call you back between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday. Also, our tech trainer will be returning calls from 3 to 7 on Tuesdays.
- You can also submit questions online using our contact page and we’ll reply by email.