The library offers regular programming designed to support small businesses and job seekers. Find resume writing classes, financial literacy, small business help and more. Visit our calendar to register.
- Take your career to the next level with LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), available with your Cuyahoga Falls Library card. Explore over 12,000 courses on business, marketing, and more.
We offer a variety of programs for kids of all ages. Visit our calendar to see what’s in store.
Summer Reading (May-August)
Register for this annual program designed for the whole family. Simply track your daily reading time and earn coupons, books, and great prizes. Participants will also be eligible to win exciting grand prizes. Learn more & register.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
With this early literacy program, we’re encouraging you to commit to reading 1,000 books to your child before they go to kindergarten. Children who listen to 500 books will earn a book to keep, and those who reach 1,000 will receive a commemorative “1000BBK” T-shirt. Stop by the Children’s department to sign up for this ongoing program.
Through the United Way of Summit County’s Imagination Library, preschool children receive free books! Each month, a brand new, age-appropriate book will be mailed to every child enrolled. All children age birth to five in Summit County are eligible! Sign up here.
Book Boxes for Classroom Use
Book Boxes are a great way to supplement your classroom. A Book Box contains 30 copies of the same title, and many also include the book on CD for classroom listening. Click here for a list of titles.
- Book Boxes may be reserved in advance for the following school year beginning August 1.
- Book Boxes circulate for four weeks and must be put on a Teacher Card.
- Teachers are limited to checking out two boxes at a time.
- A Book Box can be renewed if it is not otherwise reserved by another teacher.
- Please call the Children’s Room to put a Book Box on reserve.
- Because of storage issues regarding Book Boxes, teachers must give at least 24 hours of advanced notice before a Book Box can be picked up.
- If a Book Box is not picked up within three days, it will be returned to the collection. Teachers should make every effort to return the Book Box intact with all copies present. If this is not possible teachers should return missing copies to the Cuyahoga Falls Library as soon as possible. Teachers will not be charged for copies that are turned in late.
- Each title in a Book Box is numbered on the cover. The number on the cover is to assist the Teacher in knowing which student has each book. Teachers should match numbers to students and keep a master list when the books are distributed to students.
Children’s Games Computers
Our five Children’s Game Computers have games for kids 2 to 8 years old. Kids can enjoy learning with dozens of games in these categories:
- Math – Count it Down, Match it Up, Sort it Out
- Fun with Science
- Explore the World Around You
- Read-Along, Sound it Out
- Wild and Wacky Writing Adventures
- Search for Answers in the Reference Books
- Play Music, Draw Pictures
Make your students’ visit to the library more fruitful and productive. Call the Children’s Room in advance to notify us of upcoming assignments or research projects. Staff will be happy to place selected materials on “class reserve,” thus affording all students who visit the library an opportunity to use them. Also, teachers are encouraged to call the library and inquire regarding the availability of materials about a subject before assigning reports or research projects.
Stop at the Circulation Desk and fill out a Teacher Loan registration form and Teacher Loan status will be attached to your existing CFL record. Supplement your classroom with materials from the Children’s Room of the Cuyahoga Falls Library. Teacher Loans are available to teachers certified by the Summit County Board of Education, Preschool or Daycare teachers, and Home School teachers. Teachers must live or work in Summit County and must have a valid Cuyahoga Falls library card. Teacher Loan materials check out for four (4) weeks with one renewal. Holiday materials do not check out on a teacher loan. Most Children’s audiovisual materials may also be checked out in Teacher Loans, including six (6) music CDs, children’s magazines, and children’s nonfiction videos. A maximum of 50 items can be checked out on a Teacher Loan at one time and can be in any combination as long as there are not more than 50 items on the card at one time. Materials that have been obtained through SearchOhio or OhioLINK can only be checked out on a personal card and not on a teacher card.