MakerSpace Rules During COVID-19
- First-come, first-serve basis
- Must be using equipment
- Masks required
The MakerSpace is a room designed to offer patrons free access to a variety of tech and craft equipment. This space serves all ages as it includes a Cricut Crafting Machine, Adobe Creative Suite, Jewelry Making Tool Kit, Button Makers, Ellison Die Cutter, Green Screen, VHS to DVD convertor and more! Teachers, entrepreneurs, crafters and organizations are all invited to utilize this space. One-on-one tech assistance and MakerSpace programming is also available. For new visitors, it is recommended you visit during a staffed time. For questions on the MakerSpace, please visit us at the information desk or call 330-928-2117.
- Mondays: 3 - 8 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 3 - 8 p.m.
- Fridays: 1 - 5 p.m.
See our calendar for upcoming orientation sessions and classes.
View our MakerSpace Policy.
30-minute one-on-one training sessions available Tuesdays 2 - 7:45 p.m.
- Walk-in: 2 - 3 p.m. & 7 - 7:45 p.m.
- Appointment-only: 3 - 7 p.m.
Need assistance with your tablet, computer, or other technology? Would you like a tutorial on a piece of equipment in our MakerSpace? Sign up for a one-on-one 30-minute training session with our Technology Trainer, Carolanne.
To make your appointment, please call Adult Services at 330.928.2117 x 2000 or visit the information desk in person. Appointments fill quickly, so please consider booking in advance.
During Tech Tuesday times, we can assist you with all sorts of technology questions, such as…
- New laptop, phone, and gadget set-up
- Cellphone and email troubleshooting
- Digital collections downloads
- MakerSpace technology training
- Software and app training
- Cricut (x2)–Bring your own supplies.
- Brother Computer Sewing Machine (x2)– Bring your own thread and cloth.
- VHS to DVD Converter–Supplies sold at the front desk.
- Die Cut Machine–Bring your own paper.
- Button Maker (2.25 inch)–Supplies sold at the front desk.
- Mini Button Maker (1-inch)–Supplies sold at the front desk.
- Laminator–Supplies sold at the front desk.
- Green Screen
- Photo-Box mini studio with phone tripods and lights.
- PS4 Video Gaming Console
- Digital Media Computer, includes Adobe Creative Cloud
You can buy the following supplies at the circulation desk.
- Small buttons: 10 for $1
- Large buttons: 5 for $1
- 9 x 11.5 laminating pouches: 2 for $1
- 11.5 x 17.5 laminating pouch: $1
- DVD-R with envelope: $1
You can download templates for our button makers below.
- 1.25 inch button template (PDF)
- 1.25 inch button template (docx)
- 2.5 inch button template (PDF)
- 2.5 inch button template (docx)
These die cuts are available upon request for use in the MakerSpace.
1. 3D Elephant
2. 3D Giraffe
3. 3D Hippo
4. 3D Lion
8. Birthday Cake
10. Boy (generic)
11. Bugs (mixed)
15. Candy (2 different kinds)
16. Cardinal (bird)
17. Christmas Tree
21. Dog (Scottie)
25. Gingerbread Man
26. Girl (generic)
27. Handprint (baby)
28. Hat (Snow)
29. Ice Cream Cone
31. Lamb Toy
32a. 2 Maple
32b. 1 Oak
35. Paw Print
36. Pumpkins (2)
37d. Teddy Bear
40. Snowflake (4 kinds)
45. Teddy Bear
1. Book Open
2a. 3” & 4”
2b. 6” & 2”
4. Dog/Cat Masks
5. Door Hanger
7. Gift Box
8. House (2 kinds)
9. Ivy Border
10. Lacing Heart
11. Picture Frame
12. Pop Up
14. Takeout Box